“It is a cultural transition from simply having a genuine interest in improvement to truly infusing outcomes thinking into the way you manage your organization.” Mario Morino, Leap of Reason.
Performance Institute Participating Nonprofits
- Addison County Community Action Group, dba HOPE
- Arlington Area Childcare, dba Happy Days Playschool
- Big Heavy World
- Community Connections
- The DREAM Program
- Essex CHIPS
- Global Campuses
- High Horses Therapeutic Riding Program
- Linking Learning to Life
- Mercy Connections
- Morningside House
- Mountain Communities Supporting Education, dba The Collaborative
- Orange County Parent Child Center
- Our Place Drop-in Center
- Rutland County Housing Coalition
- Rutland County Parent Child Center
- VSA VT
Each of these organizations has been through a rigorous selection process and has demonstrated the understanding, ability, and commitment to take full advantage of the unique opportunity the Performance Institute represents.
What is the Performance Institute?
The BBVT Performance Institute is strengthening the reach and sustainability of 17 small to medium Vermont nonprofits. Over 16 months of training and technical assistance, they are developing comprehensive performance measurement systems. Using the Results-Based Accountability™ framework from the book Trying Hard is Not Good Enough by Mark Friedman, participants are gaining the organizational capability to gather data, determine which activities/programs are most effective, focus resources, and share their success with funders and the wider community.
Performance Institute Activities
- 3 conferences, with kickoff conference June 12-13, 2012;
- 25 hours of engagement in cohorts of 5-6 nonprofits, in person and by phone/online;
- 20 hours of TA to organizational teams, in person and by phone/online;
- Work that each team is completing with their organization between TA sessions;
- Sharing ongoing progress with each organization’s leadership and board;
- Participation in evaluation; and
- Development of shared results and indicators among cohorts that can be used beyond each organization.
Here is a link to the 2013 Performance Institute Schedule.